//FLASHBACK FRIDAY…where I take a look back at my Readage from years past, and reflect upon my interests and reading-related memories…//
1 YEAR AGO, I was reading:
- The Girl on the Train, by Paula Hawkins, 2015
- VERDICT: ⊗ DID NOT LIKE THIS BOOK; IT WAS COMPLETELY OVERHYPED AND PRETTY LAME. IT WAS FULL OF DISGRACED CHARACTERS WITH NO REDEEMING QUALITIES. I WASN’T ROOTING FOR ANYONE. 2/5 STARS.
2 YEARS AGO, I was reading:
- A Private Disgrace: Lizzie Borden by Daylight, by Victoria Lincoln, 1967
- VERDICT: ♥ REALLY ENJOYED THIS BOOK. 2 YEARS AGO I WAS INTO ALL THINGS LIZZIE BORDEN AFTER WATCHING THE LIFETIME MADE-FOR-TV MOVIE WITH CHRISTINA RICCI. AFTER I SAW THE MOVIE, I WAS FASCINATED TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THIS TRUE CRIME. DEVOURED THIS BOOK. 4/5 STARS.
- Dangerous Minds, by LouAnne Johnson, 1995
- VERDICT: ♥ SPED THROUGH THIS BOOK BASED ON THE MOVIE. LOVE THE MOVIE AND THE BOOK GAVE ME A MORE DETAILED PICTURE OF WHAT JOHNSON HAD TO DEAL WITH JUST TO TEACH THESE INNER-CITY KIDS. THIS WOMAN CHANGED LIVES. 4/5 STARS.
- Lisey’s Story, by Stephen King, 2006
- VERDICT: ≥ I LIKED THIS BOOK MORE THAN I DIDN’T LIKE IT, BUT FOR ME IT ONLY MERITED 3/5 STARS. IT WAS A THICK BOOK, AND IT WAS STEPHEN KING, SO THAT’S PROBABLY WHY I FINISHED IT.
What are you reading now?