//TBR THURSDAY…where I highlight some titles related to the book I’m currently reading (book of the week)…//
This week’s current read is: Leah Remini’s “Troublemaker.” Let’s explore some related titles I’ve got on my TBR list:
NOTE: most of the books on this list are intended to examine, define and expose the inner workings of Scientology; they are not intended to provide a balanced or unbiased consideration of the “religion.” (My quotes, as I do not believe Scientology qualifies as a legitimate religion, but remains interesting to me as a reader.) I will not include titles of texts by Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard, as from what I’ve read about him he appeared to be a narcissistic proponent of mind-control and a manipulative leader of a destructive movement. If you are interested in the subject, you will find many resources to explore Scientology, where you can form your own thoughts and opinions.
- Going Clear: Scientology, Hollywood, and the Prison of Belief, by Lawrence Wright, 2013
- Beyond Belief: My Secret Life Inside Scientology and My Harrowing Escape, by Jenna Miscavige Hill, Lisa Pulitzer, 2013
- Inside Scientology: The Story of America’s Most Secretive Religion, by Janet Reitman, 2011
- The Church of Fear: Inside the Weird World of Scientology, by John Sweeney, 2013
- Ruthless: Scientology, My Son David Miscavige, and Me, by Ron Miscavige, 2016
- The Unbreakable Miss Lovely: How the Church of Scientology tried to destroy Paulette Cooper, by Tony Ortega, 2015
- Understanding Scientology: The Demon Cult, by Margery Wakefield, 2010
See you tomorrow, book fiends!
Always Between Pages,